ATA Spa Hotel
A few months ago, when we went on an infotrip to Bulgaria and Romania, we skipped the first 3 days. When we met the others, the first thing we heard was “you missed the best part of this trip, ATA Spa Hotel, the hotel we stayed at was amazing”. And we truly believed them since the other hotels we stayed at were a bit disappointing. Whenever we found something wrong with the hotels, people were like “it was nicer at the first hotel” or “the first hotel had a spa and a pool” and we really regretted that we missed it.
Fast-forward to the next day…we meet Nikki, ATA Spa Hotel’s manager. We started talking about the infotrip and told him that we wished we could have arrived sooner in Varshets and that everyone was raving about this hotel. Nikki was kind enough to invite us back telling us that the next time we’re in Bulgaria we should pay him a visit also.
So here we are, a couple of months later, driving through the mountain area in Bulgaria to spend a few days of relaxation. Since we were getting pretty tired from all that trips and long drives, we decided that all we wanted to do way lay outside in the sun and enjoy a few spa treatments and massages. Our good friend Ada also came along and all we did was eat, stay in the sun and relax.
Varshets is one of the oldest towns in North-West Bulgaria, being known for its mountain climate and thermal medical springs. On your way to Varshets you’ll find some pretty interesting sights and we recommend to stop for a little and try to visit some. We visited some of them while we were on the infotrip and Nikki took us to the other ones and told us local legends about each one.
- Baba Vida Fortress in Vidin is a medieval fortress built in the 10th century;
- Belogradchik rocks and fortress, one of the most well preserved fortresses in Bulgaria, dates way back to the Roman Empire;
- Magura Cave, at about 25 km from Belogradchik, is 15 million years old (!!!);
- Ledenika Cave, at 30 km from Varshets, is situated at 830 m above sea level and was opened for tourists in 1961;
- Klisura Monastery, at 12 km from Varshets, is one of the biggest monasteries in Bulgaria and dates from 1240, being reconditioned in 1961;
- Todorini Kukli Peak in the Balkan Mountains is the ideal place for hikers.
Location: Varshets town
Addres: 1a, Konstantin Penev str
- 59 double rooms;
- 3 standard apartments;
- 3 family apartments;
- 4 VIP apartments.
On our first night we stayed in a double room, with an extra bed for Ada, and the following day we moved to a Family Apartment. An apartment with a huge livingroom that we transformed in an „office” at some point during our stay. But what we liked the most were the beds. So soft and comfortable that we felt like we were sleeping on a puffy cloud.
– Air conditioning;
ATA Spa Hotel also offers you
- Outdoor and indoor swimming pool;
- Relaxation room;
- Fitness room;
- Steam baths;
- Children’s playground
- Conference room with 120 seats.
When it comes to relaxation, we spent most of the time by the outdoor pool, a pool that has a cute bar, with metallic chairs in the water. We didn’t use the indoor pool because we wanted to enjoy the sun. Even if we were basically in the mountains, there were some pretty hot days.
ATA Spa Hotel is the first SPA center in Varshets and offers its clients a full range of spa services. They say that they created an oasis where they offer rest for the body and pleasure for the mind. You’ll find 10 rooms ready for body and face procedures, all sorts of massages and treatments meant for relaxation.You’ll just want to spend the rest of your day here.
They have a long list of procedures frome where you caan choose from:
- Hydro mineral therapies with aroma therapy oils and thermal salts;
- Classical and medical massages, from the relaxation and aromatherapy ones to Indian and Chinese ones;
- Body therapies and rituals: SPA Ritual Cleopatra, chocolate massage;
- Facial cosmetics procedures;
- Reform Body.
We opted for hydrating facials and relaxing body massages and we really enjoyed them. From the way the rooms were decorated, to the choice of music, every detail is carefully selected to give you a pleasant experience.
We now understand why everyone was raving about ATA Spa Hotel. I think that this is the only hotel where we stayed in and didn’t leave it for the few days we were there. We only had in mind relaxation and didn’t want to do anything else. We didn’t feel the need to go out of our way to explore (something unusual for us). We would like to go in the winter as well and see the seasons changing.
You can ind more info about ATA Spa Hotel HERE.