European Christmas Markets
Christmas is almost here so we thought we’d make a list with the most beautiful Christmas Markets. Like every year you can find there presents for the loved ones and lots of sweets and traditional foods. We have a few on this list that we’d like to see at least once, but for this year we have to settle with the ones in Romania. You should get ready to enter Santa’s magical world and choose your favorite destination.
- Bucharest Christmas Market will open on November 27th in University Square. This year there will be over 10000 Christmas lights and 60 wooden houses on the Square.The main attraction will be the 15m Christmas tree with 20000 lights.
- Sibiu Christmas Marked opened on November 20th in the Big Square in Sibiu. You can already hear the carols and the thousand Christmas lights transform the Square in a magical place where the vendors in over 70 wooden houses sell you products from all over the country.
- Vienna Christmas Market is opened from November 13th until December 26th. The Austrian capital has no more than 25 Christmas Markets, being arguably the home of Christmas markets with the romantic Schönbrunn Palace and the Christmas Market on Karlsplatz famous for family seasonal trips. From craftwork, gifts, to mulled wine, culinary treats, jewelry, pottery, and clothing, there’s plenty to experience, plus for entertainment, don’t miss the iconic ice rink and nativity plays dotted around the city.
- Prague Christmas Market, November 20th – January 3 Tourists from all over the world come every year to Prague to see the Christmas Market. You’ll find one of a kind products, Christmas decorations and traditional food that is cooked right in front of you. It definitely should not be missed.
- Budapest Christmas Fair and Winter Festival, November 13th-January 6th . For a month, Vörösmarty Square is transformed into a magical fairytale land.
- Nuremberg Christmas Market. Every year there’s the famous Christkindlesmarkt Market in Hauptmarkt Square. This year, from November 27th until December 24th over 180 wooden houses will be decorated for Christmas.
- Munich Christmas Market, November 27th-December 24th. It’s also been called “The Original” because it’s the oldest Christmas Fair in the city. Legend has it that’s it’s the most beautiful one in all Germany, although the one in Berlin has been trying to steal the title for years now.
- Strasbourg, November 27th– December 24th. Strasbourg is the place where all the Christmas Markets originated, dating back from 1570, so expect traditional and authentic things.
- Cracovia Christmas Market, November 27th-December 26th. Cracovia is one of the cheapest destinations for Christmas Fairs. Is situated in the city center, in Rynek Glowny Square.
- Manchester Christmas Market, November 14th-December 21st is supposedly the biggest Christmas Market in the Uk. You can find it in Albert Square.